Sep 6, 2013 / 7:20 pm
An elderly man was taken to hospital with a head laceration after he had a run-in with a silver SUV late Friday afternoon.
The accident happened at around 5:30 p.m., near the intersection of Mountain Ave. and Glenmore Rd..
The driver of the SUV says as he was pulling out of a side street when the accident happened. He said he saw the man coming on his scooter to his right, but he thought he was further away. He then said he checked left for traffic and then he proceeded forward, but the scooter was right there and the two collided.
The scooter continued on a couple of metres after the two vehicles hit each other. The scooter driver then fell off and smashed his head on the road. People quickly rushed over and helped to stabilize the man until the ambulance arrived.
Witnesses say the man appeared to have short term memory loss, he knew where he was but he was unsure of what just happened. He also had a bad cut on his head. They said it looked like he was in his early 70's.
A woman who saw the collision said the scooter was traveling at a good clip.
The RCMP are investigating.
The senior was transported to hospital.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12