Hot Flashes raises $8500
Sep 6, 2013 / 12:38 pm
Last night’s Canadian premiere of the new Brooke Shields’ comedy, The Hot Flashes, raised over $8500 for the Canadian Cancer Society.
“What a great turnout – I fell so blessed,” said House of Rose Winery co-owner, Aura Rose.
“When we first started discussing this idea with the Canadian Cancer Society over triple that amount is absolutely amazing and all the people that bought tickets need to be congratulated as do our co-sponsors: TVA Films, the Bean Scene, the Landmark Cinemas Paramount Kelowna and EZ Rock.”
Over 350 people attended the premiere and enjoyed appetizers and a glass of Hot Flash™ wine while watching the movie.
”We are honoured to have been the beneficiary of this event and are so grateful for all of those who supported the film showing in Kelowna,” says Shannon Jolley, Revenue Development Coordinator for the Canadian Cancer Society, BC and Yukon.
“If we can boost awareness of cancer screening, raise funds for the fight against cancer and have fun at the same time, that’s a huge success.”
The Hot Flashes features Brooke Shields, Wanda Sykes, Daryl Hannah, Virginia Madsen and Camryn Manheim. The movie is directed by Susan Seidelman and is available on DVD, VOD and iTunes in Canada.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3