Weekend weather report
Sep 6, 2013 / 9:36 am
There is a little bit of blue sky outside the Castanet windows this morning, but that certainly wasn’t the case a few hours ago when a massive thunderstorm rolled through the city causing flooding around Kelowna and power outages in the North Okanagan.
Looking towards the weekend, Environment Canada is forecasting more thundershowers Friday afternoon and between 10-15 milimetres of rain to fall.
That rain will continue into the evening with more thunderstorms, along with a 60 per cent chance of showers that will bring another 5-10 milimetres of the wet stuff.
It starts to dry out on Saturday with a mix of sun and cloud, but expect a 60 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon and a 30 per cent chance of showers on Sunday.
Keep up to date with our weather page.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5