RDCO looks for owner of injured dog
Sep 5, 2013 / 4:45 pm
The Regional District Dog Control is looking to find the owner of a severely injured dog that is not licensed and does not have a tattoo or microchip.
The male Poodle mix appears to have been hit by a vehicle and was found bleeding Thursday afternoon in the backyard of a property along Hein Road in the Rutland area.
Bruce Smith with the RDCO says the dog was wearing a white flea collar and a black, nylon collar.
"The dog is in the care of a local Veterinarian and requires surgery to repair damage to its shoulder and side."
If anyone can identify the dog and/or its owner, please contact Regional Dog Control at the Dog Pound – 890 Weddell Place in Kelowna by calling 250-979-0925.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7