KGH gets to the heart of the matter
Sep 5, 2013 / 6:46 am
Interior Health (IH) issued requests for proposals today (Wednesday) for architectural, electrical and mechanical consulting services to support renovations of the Strathcona building at Kelowna General Hospital (KGH).
This RFP will support the final phase of the Interior Heart and Surgical Centre (IHSC) project, and will see parts of the Strathcona building reconfigured and renovated to provide clinical and support services to the Cardiac Revascularization program.
“Cardiac services in the Interior will move forward with the release of the request for proposals for the final phase of the Interior Heart and Surgical Centre project - work in the Strathcona building,” says Minister of Health Terry Lake.
“In partnership with Interior Health, we are bringing cardiac and surgery programs closer to home to better support Southern Interior patients and their families.”
Three requests for proposals have been posted on the BC Bid website (www.bcbid.ca) and seek consulting services on the architectural, electrical and mechanical components of the project. They include:
- A comprehensive review, study and report on the current mechanical and electrical systems servicing the Strathcona and Royal buildings at KGH to determine requirements for upgrading systems.
- Design for renovations to the existing Pharmacy area on Strathcona Level 1.
- Design for renovations to accommodate expansion of Logistics/Loading Dock, Housekeeping, Nutrition/Food and Laundry Services on Strathcona Level 1.
- Design for renovations to Strathcona Level 2 to accommodate six Coronary Care Unit (CCU) beds (plus shelled space for 2 future CCU beds), 20 Cardiology Telemetry Inpatient Beds and 14 Cardiac Surgery Inpatient Beds, including associated support spaces.
- Design of external links on Levels 2 and 3 from the Strathcona building to the IHSC building
- A comprehensive wayfinding review and implementation for both interior and exterior signage to define requirements for a campus-wide program that guides patients and visitors smoothly into and throughout KGH.
The work on the Strathcona building, expected to be completed by 2017, will be done in phases to support the new cardiac and surgical operations in the IHSC building, which will open in 2015.
“The IHSC project is an important step in expanding KGH’s role as a tertiary teaching hospital for the Southern Interior,” says IH Board Chair Norman Embree.
“Interior Health looks forward to its successful completion and the benefits it will bring to patients from across the region.”
The RFPs close on September 26, 2013. Interior Health anticipates awarding the contract to the successful proponents by October 2013.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3