Son wants answers as dad recuperates
Sep 6, 2013 / 5:00 am
A Calgary man is still looking for answers after his father was injured in a freak accident on Highway 97 last month.
In the late afternoon of Aug 13, Doyle Patterson, a West Kelowna resident, was riding his motorcycle along the highway when a tire dislodged from a passing truck and struck the bike.
Patterson was taken to Kelowna General Hospital with what his son Matthew describes as severe injuries to his left leg.
"Luckily enough that was it. They were very severe injuries. Other than that he's fine - no head injuries," says Patterson.
"It looks like when he got hit he landed on top of the bike and rode it look a sled which stopped him from getting any other injuries on his right side."
He says his father is still in hospital in Kelowna and will likely be there for quite some time.
Patterson says he would like to know exactly what happened that day and hopes anyone who witnessed the incident would get in touch with him.
He also admitted they have contacted a lawyer and are looking for witnesses for that component as well.
"It's a little bit of both. For myself I would actually like to see what is going on and piece it together because I don't really know," says Patterson.
"We went and looked at the accident scene but it's pretty hard to figure out what actually went on."
If you saw the accident, you can email Matthew Patterson at [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9