Education critic makes stop at UBCO
Sep 4, 2013 / 4:40 pm
The Advanced Education critic for the NDP was in Kelowna this morning to speak with students at UBCO.
David Eby, the same man who unseated Christy Clark in the riding of Vancouver-Point Grey, has embarked on a province-wide tour to learn more about the state of post-secondary education.
“Access to education and growing student debt are serious challenges facing today’s students,” said Eby.
“This tour is about getting into the province’s diverse communities, connecting with students, meeting with faculty, and really listening to what they have to say.”
Kelowna, Merritt and Kamloops are the first stops in Eby’s month long tour.
The BC NDP are pushing the Liberal government for better affordable post-secondary education, including creating a $100 million non-repayable student grant program.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8