Car fire almost catches house on fire
Sep 3, 2013 / 4:16 pm
Emergency crews were called to a car fire at Clifton Rd. and Grainger Rd. in Kelowna Tuesday afternoon.
The fire started in the engine compartment of an Audi after it was parked in the garage.
The family was just getting ready to drive a young couple to the airport when they came outside and smelled something burning. Once they realized it was the vehicle they moved it out of the garage.
The hood had already started to change colour before the sports car was backed up.
No one was hurt, but the car is a complete loss. The home also suffered smoke damage.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7