Broadcaster to be remembered Friday
Sep 3, 2013 / 2:54 pm
A 'Celebration of Life' for Kelowna broadcaster and newsman Kim Calloway will be held this coming Friday.
The event is slated for the Kelowna Community Theatre from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Calloway died suddenly after a brief battle with cancer on Aug. 22.
He had just been diagnosed with lung cancer that had quickly spread to his liver.
He was 69.
Calloway spent more than 50 years in broadcasting, many of those in Kelowna at CKOV/Power-104 in Kelowna.
According to a message on Facebook the Celebration of Life will include:
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Mingling, Music and More
- 6 p.m. Emcee - Bob Mills
- Presentations - Sharon Shepherd, Jasmin Doobay
- Open mic
If you would like to share an acoustic song or a story of Kim, please contact [email protected] so we can add you to the list.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12