Man loses to car on Harvey Ave
Sep 1, 2013 / 8:08 am
Update 12:30 pm:
A combination of alcohol and bravado almost cost a Kelowna man his life Saturday night on Harvey Avenue North near Banks Road.
Although it was previously reported that there were no injuries, that turns out to not be the case.
A 60 year old male suffered serious pelvic injuries as a result of being struck by the vehicle which resulted in the victim rolling onto the hood of the car and then being thrown off onto the pavement.
The highway was closed for a short period of time while a Traffic Analyst examined the scene.
At present time the investigation is continuing, however, the driver of the car was not under the influence and is not facing any Criminal Code or Motor Vehicle Act charges.
The victim has since been transferred to Vancouver General Hospital for further medical Treatment.
Numerous witnesses were present at the scene and are cooperating with the police investigation which continues.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5