UBCO teachers honoured for dedication
A number of UBCO staff members have been honoured for their contributions to the Okanagan campus and have received awards of excellence for their dedication to university life.
The four staff members honoured are:
- Bud Mortenson, Director of University Relations was presented with the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Principal Award. Margo Yacheshyn and Suann Brown of University Relations, who nominated Mortenson, said he is a compassionate, attentive manager who always makes time to discuss projects, solve problems and brainstorm new ideas. Mortenson’s role includes oversight of media relations, internal communications, marketing, and government relations.
- Jody Ainley, administrative assistant to the Associate Dean, Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences, Enhancing the UBC Experience Award. Ainley has been the point-person in the Dean’s office since the days when student applications consisted of paper, not electronic files. She is efficient, friendly and helps students resolve issues, said nominator Barbara Rutherford, Acting Dean of the Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences.
- Susan Belton, Curator of the Fine Arts (FINA) Art Gallery and UBC’s Okanagan campus permanent art collection, Enhancing the UBC Experience Award. Belton has put art into the public eye at UBC’s Okanagan campus through her dedication, expertise and unrelenting efforts to acquire and showcase work by artists and students, said nominator Wisdom Tettey, Dean of the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies.
- Jamie Snow, Career Manager, Faculty of Management, Leadership Award. With a caring attitude and attention to fine detail, Snow has put a priority on helping students with job placements, internships, career planning and establishing a career fair to connect potential employers with their employees of the future, said nominator Carol Zuckerman, faculty administrator.
“When we talk about our people, we have no better examples than the four we honour today, who truly make a difference to all of our lives on the Okanagan campus,” said Deborah Buszard, deputy vice chancellor and principal. “They have distinguishing themselves by going far beyond expectations and they have made UBC a better place for students, staff and visitors.”
The award winners were each presented with a framed certificate, along with a prize of $2,000.
Read more Kelowna News
- Boonstock beginsPenticton / S. Okanagan - 2:11 pm
- Pro-Palestinians protestWest Kelowna - 3:07 pm
- Standing up for Israel?Poll - 5:00 pm
- YLW runway clearKelowna - 1:02 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library