Unconscious driver sleeps through bust
Aug 30, 2013 / 2:35 pm
Responding to reports of a multi-vehicle accident on Lakeshore Road last night, Kelowna RCMP found the driver of a blue Chevy Silverado unable to maintain consciousness.
Witnesses reported seeing the truck weaving all over the road, before rear-ending a Pontiac Minivan at the intersection of Cook Road.
The 33-year-old West Kelowna man behind the wheel of the truck displayed signs of impairment and was taken to hospital as a precaution once he became unconscious.
He was later issued a 24-hour driving prohibition and may face potential impaired driving charges.
The man’s passengers, and the occupants of the van did not need medical attention and were cleared at the scene.
Police seized a bottle containing approximately 400 ML of an unknown clear liquid from the scene, suspected to be GHB (Gamma-hydroxybutyrate).
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5