Joe Rich sportsbox closed for 6 weeks
Aug 29, 2013 / 1:45 pm
Construction at the Joe Rich Community Hall Sports Facility
Starting Tuesday, September 3, the sportsbox and rink facility at the Joe Rich Community Hall will be closed for a major six week overhaul.
The $280,000 project will see the existing asphalt rink surface removed and a new concrete slab poured; installation of new dasher boards around the rink; painting tennis court lines on the rink surface and the installation new basketball hoops and tennis net post sleeves. To complete the project, some new landscaping will be done around the rink area.
Funding for the work is provided by the Regional District and through a $224,000 grant from the BC Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development Community Recreation Program.
It’s anticipated the construction work at the facility located at 11481 Highway 33 east will be complete by October 17.
For more information visit the Regional District website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9