Coffee table book raises funds for KGH
Aug 28, 2013 / 5:02 pm
The third coffee table book in a series by local photographer Elizabeth Soergel is in production and the artist is offering a reduced rate for anyone interested in getting a portrait of their child included while making a donation to KGH at the same time.
Seven years ago Elizabeth’s daughter was born requiring neo natal care and since then she has raised over $37,000 in support of child care in the Okanagan.
“That experience forever changed me,” said Elizabeth. “Since then it has been my passion to give back to this amazing cause.”
‘Children of the Okanagan’ is a book of portraits of local kids and Elizabeth Soergel is waiving the sitting fee of $200 and instead asking customers to make a $100 donation to KGH for each child that they want to appear in the book.
The finished book will be on sale in time for Christmas for $139.
Partial proceeds from book and print sales will also be donated to the Kelowna General Hospital.
For further information or to book your session, visit this website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9