Bank robbery suspects charged and ID'd
Aug 23, 2013 / 9:45 am
Two men have been arrested and charged in connection with two separate robberies at the Bank of Montreal earlier this summer.
Sean Cavanagh, 27, and Joshua Friesen, 19, have both been charged with robbery in relation to the Kelowna robberies.
On Aug. 8 at 9:55 a.m., Kelowna RCMP responded to a report of a robbery at the BMO on Harvey Avenue. A man had entered the bank and told the teller that he had a weapon and passed a note asking for a large sum of money. The man then fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash, heading towards the Capri Centre Mall.
That man turned out to be Cavanagh, who was arrested a short time later on Burtch Road near Springfield.
Further investigation revealed the identity of a second suspect who police also linked to a previous robbery that occurred on July 19 at the BMO on Lakeshore Road,
Friesen and Cavanagh both remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in Court later this month.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5