Missing teen found
Aug 21, 2013 / 2:00 pm
Update 6 p.m. - Vanessa Meijer has been found safe and is back with her family.
A 17-year-old Kelowna teen is missing.
Vanessa Meijer left her home on Hickory Road sometime late Tuesday night and has not been heard from since.
Her mother Nancy, a nurse at the hospital, says when she left for work Tuesday night about 10:30, Vanessa was asleep.
When she returned home after work the back door was unlocked, the back porch light was on and her daughter was nowhere to be found.
Nancy Meijer says there was no indication anyone had been inside the house.
She says they have a German Shepherd and the dog would not allow anyone to come inside.
"She works at Subway at the mall and did not show up for work today," says Nancy Meijer.
"That is not like her. She always goes to work, even when she's sick."
She is an honours student at Rutland Senior Secondary.
Nancy says her daughter has never gone missing before.
A missing persons report has been filed with the Kelowna RCMP.
Vanessa Meijer is 5'2", 110 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Vanessa Meijer is asked to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3