Man pulled from lake identified
Aug 20, 2013 / 3:45 pm
Castanet News has learned that the 66-year-old man who was pulled from Okanagan Lake last week and later died in hospital was Mervyn (Merv) Kenneth Reinson of Langley.
Merv is survived by his wife Fay, along with three children, five grandchildren and four sisters.
The case is still in the hands of the BC Coroners Service and they have not yet released a cause of death.
Reinson was found in the water near the Kelowna Yacht Club around 12:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.
It’s estimated that he had been in the water for approximately 30 minutes.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5