Man pulled from lake dies
Aug 19, 2013 / 11:12 am
The 66-year-old man pulled from Okanagan Lake on Friday afternoon has died in hospital, despite efforts to revive him. No further information is being released by Kelowna RCMP and the investigation has been handed over to the BC Coroners Service. A name has not been released.
6:20 p.m. update: Emergency crews have taken a 66-year-old man to hospital after he was found in the water, by the docks, at the Kelowna Yacht Club.
The man is a member of the Club, he was registering a pulse when he was taken to hospital.
On scene paramedics pulled the man from the water and initiated CPR and emergency life-support procedures.
It is estimated the man might have been in the water for 30 minutes. He was taken to KGH and his condition listed as critical.
1:05 p.m.: Emergency crews are trying to revive a male on the docks near the Kelowna Yacht Club.
The call came in around 12:30 p.m. that a person was found in the water near Stuart Park.
We have reporters on location and we will have more details as they become available.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5