Woman stuck in elevator, stays calm
Jun 15, 2013 / 1:13 pm
A Kelowna woman spent about 30 anxious minutes trapped inside an elevator at an apartment building on Tutt Street in the Mission area Saturday morning, but didn`t lose her cool all the while.
Local fire rescue crews responded to the call, but simply waited at the site until service technicians from Montgomery Kone Elevators Company showed up to remedy the situation.
"She wasn't in any distress and there was no medical emergency, so we just waited until the elevator people showed up," explained Captain Scott Payer of the Kelowna Fire and Rescue Department on Water Street in downtown Kelowna.
Once the technician arrived, emergency responders left the premesis and left the business of getting the woman out of her confinement to the experts. According the Payer, the woman was stuck inside the car for about a half hour, but was none the worse for wear in spite of the confinement.
`She was totally calm so it was no problem,`he said. `He (elevator service technician) stayed behind after we le`ft to fix the elevator.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9