Ski 2 Sea race runs through Kelowna
Apr 14, 2013 / 1:24 pm
On Sunday, April 14, teams of two to seven athletes and soloists competed against each other and the stopwatch in Ski 2 Sea, a race that spans 95 kilometers from Big White to Kelowna City Park.
Since the inaugural event in 1980, Ski 2 Sea has grown from four categories to six and includes Nordic skiing, mountain biking, running and others.
Soloists, who finish the race on their own, and teams consisting of no more than seven members, relayed from alpine skiing on the slopes of Big White to kayaking in Lake Okanagan.
Jean Philippe Poirier is originally from Quebec, but now lives in Kelowna. A group at his work were in need of a runner so he decided to give it a try. He has been running for only a year and it is his first year competing in the event.
“The energy here is really good,” he said. "I would definitely do it again."
Chris McManus, who helped out at the Peck Road transition, has been a volunteer for the past two years.
“I do it because it’s fun,” she said.
“It’s a great way to give back to the sporting community.”
For more details about the race and results visit the Ski 2 Sea website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9