Man shot in Kelowna
Mar 5, 2013 / 4:16 pm
A 23-year-old resident of Pearson Road in Rutland was shot in the hand during what was first reported as a possible break-in.
Police say they responded to a 911 call reporting several people trying to break into the garage of a house in the 200 block of Pearson Road shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
After initial investigation police turned the focus on the residents themselves.
The legitimacy of the home invasion is being assessed.
The victim of the gunshot wound was taken into custody, however, he was released pending further investigation.
RCMP say the incident was not a random act of violence and do not believe it to be gang related.
The firearm, a pistol, was seized from the home.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19