Senior Centre demolition underway
Mar 4, 2013 / 2:31 pm
(Above raw video by Wayne Moore)
Construction activity along the downtown waterfront will affect cyclists and pedestrians who use the waterfront promenade.
The Water Street Senior Centre is being demolished today to make way for Phase 2 of Stuart Park.
Park construction is scheduled for the autumn of 2013 and will carry over into 2014.
Westcorp Properties has started construction of a new pier and marina project at Kerry Park.
Pile driving is underway for the commercial pier, home of the tour boats currently located at the end of Bernard Avenue.
Construction in Kerry Park starts this week to provide utility services to the new pier.
For the next two months the public can expect to see construction work and changes underway in Kerry Park and along the waterfront promenade as the pier and marina is developed.
Pedestrians and cyclists are asked to respect the construction boundaries and follow the signs and detour routes that are provided for their safety.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22