Power outage resolved
Feb 25, 2013 / 7:21 pm
7:20 P.M.: A power outage in the downtown core of Kelowna has been resolved after crews repaired an overloaded circuit.
6:45 P.M.: According to FortisBC spokesperson Michael Allison, crews are on site determining the cause of the outage and will work as long as it takes to restore power to the affected areas.
- Bernard Ave.
- Ethel St.
- Graham St.
- Highland Dr.
- Larson Ave.
Traffic lights are also out along Bernard from Pandosy to Gordon.
A two vehicle accident at Ethel and Bernard could have been caused by the outage.
Cst. Tim Churchill says the vehicles were coming to the intersection when the traffic lights went out.
"They inadvertently collided, both drivers are alright."
We will have more details as they become available.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15