Stuart Park rink shutting down
Feb 22, 2013 / 2:51 pm
With warmer weather on its way, it will become difficult to maintain the ice at the Stuart Park skating rink.
As a result, the city has scheduled to close the ice surface by March 1.
Residents have been enjoying the rink since Dec. 2 and are encouraged to get the last few outdoor skates in before spring weather conditions require the rink to be closed.
The rink, in its third season of use, has closed around the March 1 date each season.
City officials stated when the rink was constructed the goal each year is to have the surface open through the mlonths of December, January and February.
Those who love skating can continue by visiting other skating facilities, including the Memorial Arena, the Rutland Arena, and the Capital News Centre during public skating times.
For skating schedules, visit kelowna.ca/recreation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18