Cupcakes and cuddly creatures
Feb 24, 2013 / 7:08 am
Nothing beats cute, cuddly animals and cupcakes.
The BCSPCA is taking the tasty treats and using them to help support homeless, abused and injured animals in the province during Canada's first-ever National Cupcake Day.
By registering online at www.nationalcupcakeday.ca, people can bake and offer cupcakes by donation on February 25, with all proceeds going to support the BCSPCA.
Farrah Rooney, manager of fundraising events for the BC SPCA says people can host National Cupcake Day parties in their homes, bake cupcakes to take to school or the office or offer them by donation in the community.
"It’s an easy and fun way to make a life-saving difference in the lives of animals who desperately need our help.”
Once participants have registered they will receive a free National Cupcake Day host kit in the mail which includes a poster, sticker, balloons and a fundraising guide.
“We hope people will encourage their family and friends to donate online and to support their efforts by attending local National Cupcake Day parties, collecting donations or hosting events of their own,” says Rooney.
Locally the Kelowna BCSPCA branch is hosting a cupcake day sale Feb. 23 and 24 starting at noon. (While supplies last and available by donation).
Click here for more information on how you can help.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8