Roads and weather report
Feb 22, 2013 / 7:51 am
While there is no travel advisory currently in place for the Coquihalla or the Okanagan Connector, both roads are expected to see their fair share of precipitation over the next 24 hrs.
DriveBC is already reporting slippery sections from the junction with highway 5A at Aspen Grove to Pennask Summit, and compact snow with slippery sections from there to Merritt.
Highway 5 shows compact snow with slushy sections in both directions over a 54-kilometre stretch from Exit 202, Portia Interchange to Exit 256, Kingsvale (Coldwater Road).
Environment Canada is calling for flurries and rain showers throughout the day in Kelowna, with the valley getting approximately two centimetres of snow and winds gusting up to 50 kilometres per hour late this morning. There is also a 40 per cent change of flurries overnight.
You can stay up to date on the changing conditions on our weather page.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9