Roads and weather report
Feb 22, 2013 / 7:51 am
While there is no travel advisory currently in place for the Coquihalla or the Okanagan Connector, both roads are expected to see their fair share of precipitation over the next 24 hrs.
DriveBC is already reporting slippery sections from the junction with highway 5A at Aspen Grove to Pennask Summit, and compact snow with slippery sections from there to Merritt.
Highway 5 shows compact snow with slushy sections in both directions over a 54-kilometre stretch from Exit 202, Portia Interchange to Exit 256, Kingsvale (Coldwater Road).
Environment Canada is calling for flurries and rain showers throughout the day in Kelowna, with the valley getting approximately two centimetres of snow and winds gusting up to 50 kilometres per hour late this morning. There is also a 40 per cent change of flurries overnight.
You can stay up to date on the changing conditions on our weather page.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16