4 arrested after passing stolen cheques
Feb 21, 2013 / 2:33 pm
Kelowna RCMP have arrested four people, all from Penticton, who tried to cash stolen cheques at the Money Mart on Harvey Avenue.
Police received the complaint shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
The suspects' vehicle was stopped by police as they attempted to leave the area.
The occupants, three men and one woman, were arrested and held in custody.
Police searched the vehicle resulting in numerous charges being recommended against the four including Possession of Stolen Property, Identify theft, Counterfeiting and Possession of Controlled Substance.
They were scheduled to appear in Kelowna court Thursday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22