4 arrested after passing stolen cheques
Feb 21, 2013 / 2:33 pm
Kelowna RCMP have arrested four people, all from Penticton, who tried to cash stolen cheques at the Money Mart on Harvey Avenue.
Police received the complaint shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
The suspects' vehicle was stopped by police as they attempted to leave the area.
The occupants, three men and one woman, were arrested and held in custody.
Police searched the vehicle resulting in numerous charges being recommended against the four including Possession of Stolen Property, Identify theft, Counterfeiting and Possession of Controlled Substance.
They were scheduled to appear in Kelowna court Thursday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5