Foerster trial date expected by April
Feb 18, 2013 / 11:18 am
A date has now been set, to hopefully set a date for the Matthew Foerster murder trial.
Appearing via video link from the North Fraser Pretrial Centre in Port Coquitlam, while crown counsel Iain Currie appeared via telephone, Foerster agreed upon the next court date of April 11.
That is when Currie anticipates a trial date will be set. The crown is ready to move forward, but Currie says Forester’s new counsel Jim Heller is the one asking for more time and is currently embroiled with another trial taking place in Kamloops.
It has also been decided that Justice G. Barrow will preside over the matter.
Foerster is facing a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Armstrong teen Taylor Van Diest on Halloween night in 2011.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power outage in East Kelowna May 21
- Crash sends four to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19