Object sighted over Orchard Park Mall
Feb 16, 2013 / 1:01 pm
A Kelowna family saw an aircraft they could not identify hovering over Orchard Park mall Friday night.
The family were headed west on highway 97 at around 11:45 p.m. when they spotted what they initially thought was a helicopter hovering above the mall. As they got closer, however, it didn't appear or behave like a helicopter or any other airplane.
The craft was described as being shaped like a stingray, was a dark grey color and had 3 or 4 steady white lights.
"It began to slowly head east, parallel to the ground," said one witness, who wishes to remain anonymous.
"It just took off into the sky with a rate of acceleration that we had never seen before and was gone."
No sounds were heard.
NavCanada have confirmed that no aircraft were over Kelowna airspace at that time, with that trajectory.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9