Object sighted over Orchard Park Mall
Feb 16, 2013 / 1:01 pm
A Kelowna family saw an aircraft they could not identify hovering over Orchard Park mall Friday night.
The family were headed west on highway 97 at around 11:45 p.m. when they spotted what they initially thought was a helicopter hovering above the mall. As they got closer, however, it didn't appear or behave like a helicopter or any other airplane.
The craft was described as being shaped like a stingray, was a dark grey color and had 3 or 4 steady white lights.
"It began to slowly head east, parallel to the ground," said one witness, who wishes to remain anonymous.
"It just took off into the sky with a rate of acceleration that we had never seen before and was gone."
No sounds were heard.
NavCanada have confirmed that no aircraft were over Kelowna airspace at that time, with that trajectory.
Send photos and video to email@example.com
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21