Former cop guilty of breach of trust
Feb 12, 2013 / 3:00 pm
A former RCMP officer has pleaded guilty to breach of trust by a public officer.
The plea was entered this morning (Tuesday) by counsel on behalf of Stuart Seib, the former commander of the Merritt RCMP detachment.
He is also charged with Theft of $5,000 or under, after allegedly stealing and using cocaine from a police evidence locker.
Seib had been with the RCMP for nearly two decades and also served as the officer-in-charge of the Clearwater detachment before his transfer to Merritt in November 2011.
He was suspended from the force on Jan. 10, 2012 when the allegations first came to light and he resigned a few months later.
His next court date will be April 9.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18