Former cop guilty of breach of trust
Feb 12, 2013 / 3:00 pm
A former RCMP officer has pleaded guilty to breach of trust by a public officer.
The plea was entered this morning (Tuesday) by counsel on behalf of Stuart Seib, the former commander of the Merritt RCMP detachment.
He is also charged with Theft of $5,000 or under, after allegedly stealing and using cocaine from a police evidence locker.
Seib had been with the RCMP for nearly two decades and also served as the officer-in-charge of the Clearwater detachment before his transfer to Merritt in November 2011.
He was suspended from the force on Jan. 10, 2012 when the allegations first came to light and he resigned a few months later.
His next court date will be April 9.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7