Mountain Mixology Magic
Feb 3, 2013 / 10:20 am
British Columbia’s best bartenders shook, stirred and muddled for their chance to become the champion of Big White’s Absolut World February 2.
Grant Sceney of Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel took top spot with his Absolut Beta cocktail. The drink was a unique combination of citrus and basil and had the judges singing his praises.
Judges included Big White’s Director of Snow Sports Josh Foster, Rod Butters from RauDZ restaurant in Kelowna, Casey Wilson of Absolut and Allison Markin of All She Wrote.
The evening was hosted by Absolut's Jacob Sweetapple.
Over 200 event attendees experienced mixology magic while they sipped on wine, spirits and craft beers and enjoyed nibbles from Urban Fare, The BullWheel and Kettle Valley Steakhouse.
Runner’s up included Gez Mcalpine and Keenan Hood both from Keefer Bar in Vancouver, who finished 2nd and 4th respectively. Justin Darnes from George Lounge in Vancouver took 3rd place.
For details on upcoming events at Big White Ski Resort visit their website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18