Mountain Mixology Magic
Feb 3, 2013 / 10:20 am
British Columbia’s best bartenders shook, stirred and muddled for their chance to become the champion of Big White’s Absolut World February 2.
Grant Sceney of Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel took top spot with his Absolut Beta cocktail. The drink was a unique combination of citrus and basil and had the judges singing his praises.
Judges included Big White’s Director of Snow Sports Josh Foster, Rod Butters from RauDZ restaurant in Kelowna, Casey Wilson of Absolut and Allison Markin of All She Wrote.
The evening was hosted by Absolut's Jacob Sweetapple.
Over 200 event attendees experienced mixology magic while they sipped on wine, spirits and craft beers and enjoyed nibbles from Urban Fare, The BullWheel and Kettle Valley Steakhouse.
Runner’s up included Gez Mcalpine and Keenan Hood both from Keefer Bar in Vancouver, who finished 2nd and 4th respectively. Justin Darnes from George Lounge in Vancouver took 3rd place.
For details on upcoming events at Big White Ski Resort visit their website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8