Business soars at Northwestern Air
Feb 1, 2013 / 9:38 am
The company will soon begin offering service five days a week from YLW to Abbotsford BC and Red Deer, AB.
“This is great news for our passengers,” says YLW Airport Director Sam Samaddar.
“The more we can expand our inter-provincial reach the better. We have seen strong passenger loads on Northwestern Air and are pleased they have confidence in the market to increase their service to Red Deer and expand into Abbotsford.”
According to Northwestern Air, the new service schedule will begin March 3.
“When we started service last year, it was always our plan to increase our flights to YLW,” says Northwestern Air President Terry Harrold.
“We’ve built a strong business case and it is nice to see the passenger demand for this air service, adding Abbotsford just made sense”.
This mean YLW will now offer 66 daily non-stop commercial flights.
For more information check out the airport online.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22