Wendy's DreamLift raises over $115,000
Jan 31, 2013 / 8:07 am
It was a record-breaking day for Wendy’s restaurants in the Okanagan as they raised over $115,000 at the 19th annual Wendy’s DreamLift Day.
The total includes the day’s gross profits, wages and salaries from all the staff, management and ownership at the nine locations stretching from Penticton to Kamloops.
The funds were raised to send a planeload of terminally ill or special needs children to Disneyland for the day.
Volunteers from all walks of life contributed by preparing food, cleaning trays and tables and many other behind the scenes tasks to help make the day a success.
Since the event began, Wendy’s DreamLift Day has raised over $1.2 million.
The next DreamLift to Disneyland is tentatively scheduled for December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5