Wendy's DreamLift raises over $115,000
Jan 31, 2013 / 8:07 am
It was a record-breaking day for Wendy’s restaurants in the Okanagan as they raised over $115,000 at the 19th annual Wendy’s DreamLift Day.
The total includes the day’s gross profits, wages and salaries from all the staff, management and ownership at the nine locations stretching from Penticton to Kamloops.
The funds were raised to send a planeload of terminally ill or special needs children to Disneyland for the day.
Volunteers from all walks of life contributed by preparing food, cleaning trays and tables and many other behind the scenes tasks to help make the day a success.
Since the event began, Wendy’s DreamLift Day has raised over $1.2 million.
The next DreamLift to Disneyland is tentatively scheduled for December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18