Foerster trial date cancelled
Jan 28, 2013 / 11:33 am
The trial for Matthew Foerster will not be going ahead as scheduled on April 13, even though he has secured legal counsel, once again.
It is not possible in the crown’s perspective to go to trial that early and the matter has been adjourned until Feb. 18.
Forester will again appear by video, with all parties hopeful a new trial date can be set at that time.
He has been in remand since being arrested at a Collingwood, Ont., motel last April.
Foerster is charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Armstrong teen Taylor Van Diest in 2011.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22