Protest and hearing
Jan 28, 2013 / 10:50 am
According to the Idle No More Facebook page, Jan. 28 is billed as another ‘global day of action’, with events going on around the world.
In Kelowna, a group will be protesting outside the Sandman Inn where public hearings into the Enbridge Northern Gateway project will be taking place throughout the day.
The protest is expected to attract hundreds of people – as of Monday morning, 472 people have announced they will be attending the rally with another 142 people listed as ‘maybe’.
You can find more information on the group's Facebook page.
Castanet conducted a public opinion poll on Sunday, asking whether or not you would go to the Enbridge hearing. Of the 429 people who responded, an overwhelming 72 per cent said they would not go to the hearings or listen to them.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14