Protest and hearing
Jan 28, 2013 / 10:50 am
According to the Idle No More Facebook page, Jan. 28 is billed as another ‘global day of action’, with events going on around the world.
In Kelowna, a group will be protesting outside the Sandman Inn where public hearings into the Enbridge Northern Gateway project will be taking place throughout the day.
The protest is expected to attract hundreds of people – as of Monday morning, 472 people have announced they will be attending the rally with another 142 people listed as ‘maybe’.
You can find more information on the group's Facebook page.
Castanet conducted a public opinion poll on Sunday, asking whether or not you would go to the Enbridge hearing. Of the 429 people who responded, an overwhelming 72 per cent said they would not go to the hearings or listen to them.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9