Big cats at Big White
Jan 27, 2013 / 2:58 pm
Over the years as an airport shuttle driver for Big White Ski Resort, Kevin O'Neill has seen plenty of wild animals.
He's seen eagles, a moose, bobcat and even a cougar, but on Thursday, January 24, he saw something he hasn't seen before.
A video showing what appears to be a family of Lynx crossing the road was filmed by one of his passengers, Alice Henderson of Australia, halfway up Big White Road.
"One of them was bigger than the rest," said Kevin. "That was probably the mom. The others look like last years' kittens."
"You're never gonna see that again."
Send your wildlife pics and video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21