Big cats at Big White
Jan 27, 2013 / 2:58 pm
Over the years as an airport shuttle driver for Big White Ski Resort, Kevin O'Neill has seen plenty of wild animals.
He's seen eagles, a moose, bobcat and even a cougar, but on Thursday, January 24, he saw something he hasn't seen before.
A video showing what appears to be a family of Lynx crossing the road was filmed by one of his passengers, Alice Henderson of Australia, halfway up Big White Road.
"One of them was bigger than the rest," said Kevin. "That was probably the mom. The others look like last years' kittens."
"You're never gonna see that again."
Send your wildlife pics and video to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5