Local non-profits receive gaming grants
Eight local organizations will receive Community Gaming Grants from the B.C. government, which will allow them to apply for provincial gaming revenues worth a total of $260,700.
Across British Columbia, 117 recipients will share $4,813,400 in the latest round of grants for programs for Human and Social Services.
“These organizations deliver important community services to individuals and families within our community,” said Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson.
“I offer my gratitude to them for their community service and I’m glad our government was able to provide some financial assistance.”
“I’m glad to hear another eight organizations in the Central Okanagan are receiving Community Gaming Grants,” said Kelowna-Lake Country MLA Norm Letnick.
“The $260,700 in funding will help these organizations continue supporting our communities.”
Organizations receiving grants:
- Lioness Club of Kelowna – $15,000
- Order of Royal Purple #56 – Kelowna – $20,000
- Westside Health Network Society – $30,700
- Lions Club of Kelowna – Orchard City – $35,000
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society – Kelowna – $25,000
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Kelowna and District Branch – $73,000
- Kiwanis Club of Kelowna – Summit – $28,000
- John Howard Society of the Central and South Okanagan – $34,000
Full application information is available online.
Read more Kelowna News
- Amanda Todd case BC - 8:18 am
- Get a massage at the beachPenticton / S. Okanagan - 9:34 am
- Semi flips on 97CBC - 7:30 am
- Vernon parking fees dropVernon / N. Okanagan - 5:00 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library