Fore-wheels land on golf course
Jan 24, 2013 / 2:51 pm
A woman driver is being treated for minor injuries after her vehicle took out a bus stop, a fence and ended up on the edge of a fairway at the Kelowna Golf and Country Club.
The incident happened at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
The road was clear at the time and weather does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
“We got a report that she was driving quite erratically up on Bernard Ave. and almost took out some street lights back there on Glenmore," explained Cst. Tim Monteith.
"Down here she kind of veered to the left, all of a sudden crosses back to the right and taking out the fence here and going into the golf course."
Monteith is unsure why the woman was driving so poorly, noting there were no signs of alcohol and no medical issues.
“She said she hasn’t been sleeping much lately. Maybe she’s sleep deprived a little, but I’m not sure," he says.
The woman in her 30's also told officers she had previously pulled over at a gas station in Rutland to sleep in her car and was on her way home.
One of the officers on scene issued her a ticket for driving without consideration.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21