Cops seize replica guns, cash, drugs
Jan 18, 2013 / 4:25 pm
Kelowna RCMP seized a large quantity of drugs, cash and replica weapons following a raid at a home in the 800 block of Fuller Avenue Thursday evening.
Police says Michael Semchyshyn has been charged with multiple counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking following Thursday's search and seizure.
Cst. Kris Clark says the home was raided shortly after 10 p.m.
In it, police located and seized various quantities of mushrooms, meth, heroin, marijuana and prescription pills.
Clark says five replica firearms, cash and paraphernalia consistent with trafficking drugs were also seized.
The guns, two of which were modeled after sub-compact machine guns, were all determined to be pellet guns but appeared very realistic until examined closely.
Semchyshen and an unidentified 37-year-old woman were arrested inside the home.
The woman also faces charges of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking. She was released from custody and will appear in court in February.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18