Cops seize replica guns, cash, drugs
Jan 18, 2013 / 4:25 pm
Kelowna RCMP seized a large quantity of drugs, cash and replica weapons following a raid at a home in the 800 block of Fuller Avenue Thursday evening.
Police says Michael Semchyshyn has been charged with multiple counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking following Thursday's search and seizure.
Cst. Kris Clark says the home was raided shortly after 10 p.m.
In it, police located and seized various quantities of mushrooms, meth, heroin, marijuana and prescription pills.
Clark says five replica firearms, cash and paraphernalia consistent with trafficking drugs were also seized.
The guns, two of which were modeled after sub-compact machine guns, were all determined to be pellet guns but appeared very realistic until examined closely.
Semchyshen and an unidentified 37-year-old woman were arrested inside the home.
The woman also faces charges of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking. She was released from custody and will appear in court in February.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9