First annual Okanagan Trestle Tour
Jan 20, 2013 / 5:00 am
Bike enthusiasts of all kinds are invited out this summer for the first annual Okanagan Trestle Tour on the Trans-Canada Trail, to take place July 14.
This is being described as a recreational ride between Kelowna and Penticton and not a timed race, along one of the most scenic regions in British Columbia – the historic Kettle Valley Railway. It will coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Okanagan Mountain Fire, with the trestles being re-opened five years later to much fanfare.
The 80-kilometre route is a predominantly flat land ride over 18 trestles and through two tunnels. There will be five rest stops offering food, drink and mechanical support and when cyclists arrive in Penticton, they will be greeted by live music, a BBQ and wine expo.
Riders in this event will be supporting the Trans Canada Trail Society, BC Trail Society and KVR maintenance.
Registration will include a bike shuttle to the start, special event t-shirt, BBQ and entertainment.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5