City seeks transit, KLO Road input
Jan 16, 2013 / 6:15 am
A series of public consultation sessions concerning transportation improvements at Okanagan College begins this week.
The first of these session, hosted by the city and design consultant Stantec Consulting, will be held Thursday at the college's Centre For Learning Atrium from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Kelowna new Official Community Plan states KLO Road in the Okanagan College area is a priority corridor for multi-use and active transportation.
Transit amenities, road infrastructure and pedestrian/cycling linkages in the area have been identified by both the city and BC Transit as investment priorities with construction anticipated this summer.
The transit exchange and KLO Road improvements are part of BC Transit's RapidBus phase 2 and 3 project.
Information about the project will be available and the project team will collect feedback on current challenges and future opportunities at Thursday's session.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17