Charges pending in cowardly attack
Jan 14, 2013 / 11:58 am
Charges are still pending against a 14-year-old boy in connection with a bear spray attack on a handicapped woman and her care aide last summer.
The incident, originally reported by Castanet News, occurred in Chichester Park September 1 when the pair were resting after a day of hiking.
Two boys on BMX bikes rode up to the two women, bear sprayed them in the face and eyes then jeered and laughed as they rode away.
About a month ago, police indicated they had a suspect in mind after he apparently bragged of the crime to others.
The same boy and a 15-year-old teen are also facing arson charges in connection with a house fire on Briarwood Road the day before the Chichester Park attack.
The fire, in the 100 block of Briarwood Road, was set about 2 p.m. August 31.
The fire was contained to a covered entrance on one side of the two storey structure, however, a portion of the building was extensively damaged.
Damage was estimated at about $175,000.
The teens, who are known to police, are scheduled to appear in court next month when charges are expected to officially be laid.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9