Top cop's daughter wants judge & jury
Jan 14, 2013 / 11:51 am
Counsel representing Lisa McKinnon made a brief appearance Monday morning via telephone from their law offices in Vancouver.
The issue revolves around whether a preliminary hearing is needed. That has still not been resolved, but it has been confirmed by McKinnon's counsel that they will be seeking a judge and jury trial in BC Supreme Court.
The next court date for this matter will be on Jan. 22 -- again for trial confirmation.
McKinnon was arrested last year for her part in a dial-a-dope operation.
McKinnon is the daughter of Kelowna RCMP superintendent Bill McKinnon.
She is facing one charge of trafficking in a controlled substance and two charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18