Top cop's daughter wants judge & jury
Jan 14, 2013 / 11:51 am
Counsel representing Lisa McKinnon made a brief appearance Monday morning via telephone from their law offices in Vancouver.
The issue revolves around whether a preliminary hearing is needed. That has still not been resolved, but it has been confirmed by McKinnon's counsel that they will be seeking a judge and jury trial in BC Supreme Court.
The next court date for this matter will be on Jan. 22 -- again for trial confirmation.
McKinnon was arrested last year for her part in a dial-a-dope operation.
McKinnon is the daughter of Kelowna RCMP superintendent Bill McKinnon.
She is facing one charge of trafficking in a controlled substance and two charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12