Local volunteer headed for Costa Rica
Jan 13, 2013 / 10:28 am
Michelle Westlake, of Kelowna, will be spending a month in Costa Rica volunteering for the International Volunteer HQ Costa Rica Turtle Conservation program.
“The turtles will be amazing,” she said.
“I’m expecting humidity and to have a life changing experience.”
In order to fund the trip, Michelle has set up a gofundme.com profile as well as a Facebook page and a personal website. Her goal is to raise $3500.
“I’ve been wanting to volunteer and I’ve been wanting to travel,” she said.
“This is the best company apparently.”
IVHQ is an international volunteer organization working in 20 countries that sends over 5000 volunteers abroad annually. It was established in 2007 and has since sent over 17,000 volunteers abroad to work with hundreds of projects throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Visit the official IVHQ website for more information.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10