Man who died at Big White identified
Jan 9, 2013 / 9:25 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a man who died as a result of a snowboarding accident at Big White Ski Resort on Jan. 8.
The man is Nickolas Voyer-Taylor, aged 22, from Winnipeg, MB.
Voyer-Taylor, a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had been snowboarding when he was found by other skiers partially submerged in water in a snow well.
He was recovered by Ski Patrol and transported to Kelowna General Hospital where he died after resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
The BC Coroners Service continues to investigate.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3