Man who died at Big White identified
Jan 9, 2013 / 9:25 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a man who died as a result of a snowboarding accident at Big White Ski Resort on Jan. 8.
The man is Nickolas Voyer-Taylor, aged 22, from Winnipeg, MB.
Voyer-Taylor, a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had been snowboarding when he was found by other skiers partially submerged in water in a snow well.
He was recovered by Ski Patrol and transported to Kelowna General Hospital where he died after resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.
The BC Coroners Service continues to investigate.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18