Treacherous roads - ice warning
Jan 10, 2013 / 6:06 am
Kelowna RCMP advise that many streets in the Kelowna area are extremely icy this morning due to Wednesday's thaw followed by cooler overnight temperatures.
Please drive cautiously during the morning commute and in particular allow for significantly increased stopping distances at many intersections.
Tim Benwell told us via twitter that Lakeshore is covered in it and Princeton Rd. in Peachland is also bad tweets Toby Grover.
The ice problems started last night.
Kelowna RCMP were called to a single-vehicle accident on Union Rd. in Glenmore at around 8 P.M. Wednesday.
Fortunately the occupants walked away unhurt, but it caused traffic to back up on the icy hill.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21