Treacherous roads - ice warning
Jan 10, 2013 / 6:06 am
Kelowna RCMP advise that many streets in the Kelowna area are extremely icy this morning due to Wednesday's thaw followed by cooler overnight temperatures.
Please drive cautiously during the morning commute and in particular allow for significantly increased stopping distances at many intersections.
Tim Benwell told us via twitter that Lakeshore is covered in it and Princeton Rd. in Peachland is also bad tweets Toby Grover.
The ice problems started last night.
Kelowna RCMP were called to a single-vehicle accident on Union Rd. in Glenmore at around 8 P.M. Wednesday.
Fortunately the occupants walked away unhurt, but it caused traffic to back up on the icy hill.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9