Okanagan College has an app for that
Jan 8, 2013 / 1:32 pm
Okanagan College has just released the third version of the school’s mobile app and it will feature:
- direct links to the library’s mobile site
- info on the College’s social media feeds
- an enhanced interface where students can gain quick access to grades, schedules, ClassFinder, maps and news.
The app was developed in house by a team from IT services, who worked with students in the Computer Information Systems program.
“So far we have received a really good response from our students,” said Deborah Matheson, Manager of Software and Support Services at the College.
“It is great to be able to provide them with the tools they prefer to use in order to connect with some of our most popular services.”
The app – which was first launched in the summer of 2011 – is primarily for students and includes a variety of resources and information.
It can be downloaded free in both the Apple Store and Android market and is also available in a mobile web version for those who are unable to download and install apps directly to their device.
The college will soon be releasing versions of the app for Blackberry and Windows too.
IT Services plans on bringing the College’s Google Calendar to the app, as well as other services such as the awards search and department contacts.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6