Arraignment expected for burning man
Jan 8, 2013 / 11:23 am
One of the men accused of setting another man on fire at a Kelowna house party on Dec. 8 of last year made another appearance in court this morning.
Josh McWhirter, 18, appeared via video link from the Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre where he is in custody charged with one count of aggravated assault.
The case is in the arraignment process, but McWhirter’s counsel has requested more disclosure.
He will make his next appearance on Jan. 15 to deal with election and an arraignment hearing.
The other man charged in this crime, 20-year-old Mathew Sweet-Grant, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and assault with a weapon in December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20