Arraignment expected for burning man
Jan 8, 2013 / 11:23 am
One of the men accused of setting another man on fire at a Kelowna house party on Dec. 8 of last year made another appearance in court this morning.
Josh McWhirter, 18, appeared via video link from the Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre where he is in custody charged with one count of aggravated assault.
The case is in the arraignment process, but McWhirter’s counsel has requested more disclosure.
He will make his next appearance on Jan. 15 to deal with election and an arraignment hearing.
The other man charged in this crime, 20-year-old Mathew Sweet-Grant, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and assault with a weapon in December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7