Castanet car auction bids a winner
Jan 1, 2013 / 7:23 am
Thanks to a quick bid a man now has a great set of wheels to drive in the New Year.
Jeremy Byl is the winner of the Mario's Towing and Castanet car auction. Byl faced some stiff bids for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, but he eventually out lasted and out bid all others to win the car with a $3799 bid.
The burgundy Grand Prix GT is a four door, 3.8L V6 automatic with A/C and it has a black interior. The 2004 only has 115,000 kms. and it has a new windshield and battery. The car was inspected by Canopy West and Mario's says it's in top shape.
All proceeds will go to the Kelowna Food Bank for the Cast-A-Light campaign.
Thanks to all the bidders who helped drive up the price for charity, and a special thanks to Mario's Towing for donating the car.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22