Cabs brace for busy night
Dec 31, 2012 / 2:58 pm
If you’re planning on taking a cab tonight, there are some things that you should know.
“It’s going to be a very busy night,” said Amy Wiltshire, manager of Checkmate Cabs.
Amy plans to run all 22 of the cars in her fleet tonight, but still she anticipates longer than usual wait times.
She asks that clients be patient and if possible, call an hour or more ahead of when you need to be picked up.
“We will stop taking bookings at ten o’clock tonight,” she said, “and go on a first come, first served basis.”
Amy also wants to remind everyone to dress ‘weather-appropriate’. With temperatures expected to drop well below freezing tonight and possible wait times of 45 minutes or longer, it’s a recipe for trouble for the unprepared.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3