Cabs brace for busy night
Dec 31, 2012 / 2:58 pm
If you’re planning on taking a cab tonight, there are some things that you should know.
“It’s going to be a very busy night,” said Amy Wiltshire, manager of Checkmate Cabs.
Amy plans to run all 22 of the cars in her fleet tonight, but still she anticipates longer than usual wait times.
She asks that clients be patient and if possible, call an hour or more ahead of when you need to be picked up.
“We will stop taking bookings at ten o’clock tonight,” she said, “and go on a first come, first served basis.”
Amy also wants to remind everyone to dress ‘weather-appropriate’. With temperatures expected to drop well below freezing tonight and possible wait times of 45 minutes or longer, it’s a recipe for trouble for the unprepared.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17